Microsoft Teams for education is the hub for modern educators, allowing teachers and lecturers to bring content and apps together in one place. Educators can create collaborative classrooms, connect in professional learning communities, and communicate with school staff – all from a single experience in Office 365 for Education.
Teams for Education includes features such as chat, video, and conferencing, creating meetings, adding assignments, and customization. You don’t need an existing Office 365 account to start using Microsoft Teams. But you will need to create a Microsoft Office user account to be able to log in.
One unique feature about Microsoft Team compared to other online collaboration platform is its security protocol, which has been improved over a long period. As far as your privacy is concerned, Microsoft Teams is the ideal option for interacting with co-teachers, admin staff and students.
To start using Microsoft Teams on your PC, Mac, Linux, and mobile devices, you will need;
- An internet connection
- A speaker and a microphone
- A camera or HD camcorder
On your mobile platform Teams is compatible with:
- Android phones and tablets.
- iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
For the best experience with Teams, make use of the latest version of your phone’s operating system.
So why should you use Microsoft Teams for Education?
Here are some reasons why:
- Teams is a flexible ecosystem that allows you to connect across multiple different scenarios
- It is an effective communication tool.
- It is more secure to use compared to other online collaboration applications.
- The simplicity of the user interfaces, especially for new users.
- Chat and call functionality is second to none
- Teams is customizable to a user’s preference.
- Everything you do with Teams is organized automatically.